Let's face it, sometimes all you need at the end of the day is a big bowl of pasta, add a nice salad and viola, meal complete. Of course when you throw the heat of summer into the mix, you don’t want anything too heavy or require you spending way too much time slaving over the stove.
You need to prepare something fast and easy, but most of all, you need delicious and comforting. So how do you enjoy what you love without becoming a slave to your kitchen on top of everything else. Well the beauty of these recipes is the ease at which you can prepare them. Just fresh, fabulous flavors quickly combined so you can enjoy the rest of your summer night.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add half the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add half the spinach and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper and cook until spinach begins to wilt, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the remaining spinach and cook until beginning to wilt, 1 to 2 minutes; transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining 3 Tbsp oil and garlic to the skillet and cook, stirring, until garlic is golden brown. Add the tomatoes and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper and cook until the tomatoes begin to soften, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, spinach, nuts and cheese to the pasta and toss to combine.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil, then cook pasta according to package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a large bowl combine the chopped tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and extra virgin olive oil with the salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta well (but don’t rinse it), then toss with the tomato mixture and serve.
- In a large pot, cook linguine according to package directions, al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a large, deep skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add shallots, sun-dried tomatoes, and grated lemon zest and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Add garlic paste and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Add prosciutto and cook, about 2 minutes, until crisp.
- Drain linguine; add to skillet along with lemon juice, salt, and pepper, tossing over medium heat to combine.
- Place spinach in a large bowl. Add hot linguine mixture to spinach, tossing to combine. Stir in pine nuts. Garnish with cheese.